Monday, January 16, 2012

Recipe Round-Up: Pesto Chicken Pizza


I love making homemade pizza, but I hate the calories, fat, and all the other bad stuff that comes along with pizza. So, I tweaked the traditional, and made this. And, (patting myself on the back) it's the best pizza I've ever made. JP and L both loved it. L had even already eaten her own dinner and still ate some. The best thing about this pizza is you can add other veggies as you want!

So...here it is....

Ingredients:
Pillsbury thin crust pizza dough
Orange bell pepper
Yellow bell pepper
baby spinach leaves
Basil pesto (I bought pre-made pesto from Publix but you could make your own if you were so inclined)
Part skim ricotta cheese (about 1/4 cup)
Fat free mozzarella cheese
10 oz can of chicken (I use Kroger brand 98% fat free)




Unroll the dough onto a cookie sheet sprayed with PAM.

The instructions on the dough say to pre-bake it. DO NOT do this. Just preheat your oven to 400.

Take a spoon and spread the pesto on the dough. I don't like a ton of pesto, so I spread it pretty thin. When you've got the pesto to your liking, spoon the ricotta on top of it. I spread it over the pesto so it mixes together. I don't use a ton of ricotta, either.

Then, top with the shitake mushrooms, peppers, and spinach leaves. I usually add onions but didn't on this one (only because I forgot). Next, open the can of chicken and drain it. Then spoon the chicken on top of all the veggies.


Sprinkle mozzarella on top.



Bake for 13 minutes, and when it's all a pretty golden brown....ENJOY!!

Nutritional breakdown (entered the recipe on MyFitnessPal)
This will feed 2 pcs of pizza to 4 people (I ate 3 and JP ate 4).

Calories per square: 191
Fat: 6.2g
Sodium: 511.7mg
Potassium: 26.5mg
Carbs: 21 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.2g
Sugars: 1.9g
Protein: 12.5g
Vitamin A: 8.6%
Vitamin C: 18.9%
Calcium: 10.5%
Iron: 7.0%

No comments:

Post a Comment