Sunday, January 1, 2012

Infused Water




I saw this on pinterest, and thought, "What the heck. I might as well try something to change my water up a little!"

The idea of this water is that it is supposed to aid in digestion (mint is supposed to help calm the stomach) and aid in boosting your metabolism and curbing cravings (the lemon & cucumber). Some recipes for this have also mentioned that it helps control bloat, but I haven't had enough to drink yet to notice any kind of difference there.

You're supposed to drink 60 oz of this per day. I already drink 60 oz or more water a day anyway so I am just doing this to change my water flavoring. I'm sure this would do the same as far as metabolism & cravings curbing if you did something like mint, grapefruit slices, and cucumber or even mint, orange & lemon slices, and cucumber. The possibilities are not quite endless, but enough to vary up water from day to day.

What you'll need
At least a 2 liter pitcher
one medium sized lemon, sliced thin
one small cucumber (or half of a medium one), sliced thin
10-12 fresh mint leaves

Toss the lemon slices, cucumber slices, and mint leaves in the pitcher. Fill with water and throw in some ice cubes. Let it steep at least 30 minutes before drinking.

I left the same cucumber, lemon, and mint in the pitcher all day, and just kept refilling with water. I'll fill up the pitcher with those same pieces tonight and let it steep all night in the fridge. Then when I'm done the first pitcher tomorrow, I'll toss the pieces and cut new ones.

Even JP likes the way this tastes, so that means I must have done something right!

1 comment:

  1. I really want to try this! My only problem is going to be that I head back to work tomorrow and our office refrigerator is not thermos enough for a pitcher. :( Might have to find a good thermos pitcher!?

    ReplyDelete